Nebraska Mediation, Arbitration and ADR Services


Kathleen Folkerts, M.S. / Conflict Specialist in Omaha, NE


Kathleen Folkerts, M.S.

ADR Neutral & Nebraska Conflict Specialist in Omaha

Kathleen Folkerts Omaha NE Conflict SpecialistKathleen (Fitzgerald) Folkerts is a Nebraska Conflict Specialist with formal training in resolving disputes.  She received her Master’s degree in Negotiation and Dispute Resolution from the Werner Institute at Creighton University in Omaha.

Ms. Folkerts is an Omaha native with a business background with entities ranging from sole proprietorships to large scale corporate structures.  Most recently her primary involvement has been with non-profit companies, and currently Children’s Hospital and Medical Center.

As a Conflict Specialist, Ms. Folkerts takes an adaptive approach involving three types of roles: Ally RolesThird Party Roles and System Roles.

Ally Roles

Third Party Roles

  • Mediator
  • Facilitator
  • Trainer
  • Evaluator

System Roles

  • Designer
  • Evaluator
  • Ombudsman

Through these roles, Ms. Folkerts focuses on client needs and works with them to develop an effective plan to constructively engage conflict and its resolution.  To do this, she applies skills acquired from both formal education and training sessions, as well as knowledge attained from collaborating with local professionals in the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) field.

Ms. Folkerts is a Conflict Specialist in Omaha, Nebraska, and she is available to assist with resolving a variety of disputes, including business, community, and intense family law matters including the mediation of parenting plans.

Kathleen Folkerts, Conflict Specialist
14301 FNB Parkway, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68154
402-835-6300, ext. 202


Memberships & Honors

  • Nebraska Mediation Association
    • Active participant of the Communication Committee
    • Inaugural Recipient of the Ron Volkmer Family Mediation Scholarship, Creighton University Werner Institute

    Submit Case

    Are you involved in a conflict and looking for a more affirmative method of resolving your dispute?

    Submit Case

    Submit Case

    Are you an attorney representing a party in conflict?

    Submit Case